Monday, October 4, 2010

Just a thought...

Am I lost?

I did not understand but it seemed like I was in a different world where almost everything was different from before. It's like I was having a culture shock. They say, no one is the same, a.k.a, everyone is unique. And yes it's totally unique. Indeed.

Gone were the days when my jokes could make others laugh. When people would listen if I needed to speak. Back when I knew how to be humble and be proud. They're gone...they're gone.

I tried to walk and kept walking believing that it might just me who have changed. But it was a futile journey. I realized that am not naive enough to comprehend that sometimes you have to leave a few enemies and lots of old friends for you to meet lots of new enemies and only a few friends. Sometimes you will experience a place where people, as countless as the sand, would never believe in your abilities. Where you need to be humble and forget to be proud. Where you can't talk and just listen. Where your jokes are not funny. Where your best is invisible. Where you feel you're just nothing.

So I momentarily stopped and asked my self again, " Am I lost?"
Then I knew I am not.
I kept searching and it took a while for me to learn that no one could find something that isn't missing. So I never found me, for I was never lost at all. It's just the world that surrounds me that keeps on changing. I just have to deal with it. Someday, I know I would depart again and discover new challenges.

This world of mine is just so big that part of it is yet to be discovered. And the greatest part of it? My loved ones and God. With them I could never be lost for they are the compass of my voyage.

No comments:

Post a Comment